Katie Miettunen Larson, DDS, MS
Eau Claire is Dr. Katie’s hometown and she loves being an orthodontist in the Chippewa Valley as well as being active in the community. A desire to positively impact the lives of others is what brought her to the field of orthodontics. Her ability to create beautiful smiles and build lasting relationships with patients is what makes her an exceptional and compelling doctor. Dr. Katie is truly dedicated to improving the lives of those around her and she strives for perfection in patient care.
An Eau Claire native, Katie went to Robbins Elementary School, South Middle School, and Memorial High School. She attended the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul for college where she competed on the varsity tennis team. With a strong passion for helping others, she pursued a career in dentistry, graduating from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She then attended Temple University in Philadelphia for her orthodontic residency, graduating with a Master’s Degree in Oral Biology and a Certificate in Orthodontics. Temple University is a leader in 3-D imaging and technology, providing excellent education in patient care.
Affiliations and Awards
Dr. Katie is proud to have published her Master’s Thesis on adult orthodontic care. To stay current in the field of orthodontics, Dr. Katie stays ahead of the curve through diverse professional affiliations. These include:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals of the Chippewa Valley
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Charles H. Tweed International Foundation
- AAOF Vanguard Society
- American Association of Orthodontists Award, given to one dental school graduate from each university who demonstrates exceptional interest in the development of the oro-facial complex
- Jonathan Taft Society Award, given to dental school graduates from the University of Michigan for outstanding contribution to the goals and ideals of the Jonathan Taft Society through volunteer dedication to serving underprivileged patients.
Outside the Office
Dr. Katie enjoys spending time with her husband, Dr. Matt. Most of her free time is spent outdoors and she enjoys running, tennis, soccer, skiing, making jewelry, baking, and being with family up north. As an active member of the community, Dr. Katie also volunteers and supports many local organizations.