Matthew Larson, DDS, MS
Dr. Matt’s interest in helping people live healthier, more confident lives led him to pursue a career in orthodontics. As an assistant in an orthodontic office in high school, Dr. Matt saw first-hand the amazing difference orthodontic care had on the lives of the patients he met. He is excited to go to work every day knowing that the smiles he creates will last a lifetime.
After graduating from John Marshall High School in Rochester, MN, Dr. Matt attended the University of Michigan, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Material Science and Engineering. During his time at Michigan, he was also a member of the Michigan Rowing Team.
Working with people has always been important to Dr. Matt, which led him to pursue his dental degree at the University of Minnesota. The specialty of orthodontics greatly appealed to him, as it integrated both his dental education and the mechanical principles he learned as an engineer. He chose to pursue a three year orthodontic residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In addition to excellent training in treating traditional orthodontic patients, UNC is known for its superb program in managing craniofacial and surgical orthodontic treatment.
Experience and Affiliations
Dr. Matt takes part in the selection and abstracting of orthodontic articles for Practical Reviews in Orthodontics, assisted in editing the most recent edition of Contemporary Orthodontics, and published a textbook chapter, multiple articles, and posters for research projects. He also stays abreast of the advances in his field through the following affiliations:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Invisalign Gallery University Challenge - National Winner for Class II Treatment
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce
- Young Professionals of the Chippewa Valley
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- AAOF Vanguard Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Honor Society
- American Association of Orthodontists Award, given to one dental school graduate from each university who demonstrates exceptional interest in the development of the oro-facial complex
- Junior Achievement Volunteer
With personal attention given to every patient, Dr. Matt makes each individual feel confident and well looked after throughout their journey towards a beautiful smile. By combining state-of-the-art techniques with a truly warm and empathetic personality, Dr. Matt provides exceptional care for his patients, creating fantastic smiles!
Dr. Matt lives in Eau Claire, Wisconsin with his wife, Dr. Katie. He enjoys running, rowing, and learning how to match Katie's tennis skills. As members of the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce and the Young Professionals Group, they enjoy volunteering at special events through these organizations, as well as many others around town.